If you are new to psychotherapy or new to the psychotherapist you are considering, what's it like to start work online? Your questions may include:
1. What's it like to be with this person?
2. How will I feel with her?
3. I get a sense of a person when I am with them. How will I get that sense over a monitor?
4. I need support and warmth. Isn't virtual psychotherapy cold?
5. How can I share intimate personal information to a stranger on a screen?
6. How can she know me if she just sees my face on a screen?
7. What happens in online psychotherapy?
8. I need help. Can this kind of therapy work?
And you may have more questions. These are valid and make sense.
I tried to address your concerns in this video. Since online psychotherapy is a video experience, it only make sense to describe the video experience on a video. This way you receive the information in the format of that we are exploring. I hope this helps you, and answers at least some of your questions.
You can always contact me for a free telephone consultation. E-mail me at